Our customers really do ask the best questions.
I was participating in a pre-sales call with a customer who implemented Dynamics GP in the past two years and was considering their short-term and long-term strategic direction. They asked:
What drives a client’s decision to upgrade from Dynamics GP to AX?
Each customer’s business model and corporate objectives are unique. Certainly budget considerations, staff experience, and technological preference will influence a company’s decision.
However, there are a few key factors that may be indicators you have outgrown your current GP solution and are ready for the depth of functionality that Dynamics AX delivers.
- Inventory Management has grown more complex. For example, your company has grown from 1-2 physical locations into a multi-site or global operation with needs for tracking, transferring, and managing inventory across multiple locations and company entities.
- Warehouse would like to use hand-held barcode scanners. Still related to Inventory Management, but also relates to an additional layer of technology integration between AX and the wireless mobile devices.
- Point of Sale functionality for front-end retail transactions. The latest version of Dynamics AX 2012 includes POS functionality for your retail locations, without need for separate ISV product purchase.
- Workflows. Dynamics AX enables development and management of workflows for routing Requisitions, POs, Journals, etc.
- Supports Robust Manufacturing Process. Much broader and deeper capability for performing Management Resource Planning (MRP). AX is a valuable tool for the Operations and Quality staff, in addition to performing core financials.
Our team at Tridea is trained to carefully assess your ERP implementation against your current challenges and future needs and objectives, whether it is Dynamics GP or another product. We can help you decide if Dynamics AX is the next step in your evolution to a more carefully managed world.
This article was written by Juanita Schoen, Dynamics Project Manager for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider serving CA, AZ, UT, CO and surrounding regions.