First, the Item Master table needed to be added to the Report. In report writer, open up the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered form. Click on Tables to open up the Report Table Relationship window. Click on sopIndividualPickTicketTemp table, and then click New. Select Item Master and click OK.
The Item Master will now be added to your list in the Report Table Relationships window, then click Close.
Now that you have added the Item Master you can create the Extended Weight field on the report. Click Layout on the Report Definition window. In the Toolbar, click on the drop down and select Calculated Fields. Then click New.
Follow these steps to create the Extended Weight field within the Calculated Field Definition window:
- Name the field
- Set Result Type to Integer
- Set Expression Type to Calculated
- Insert QTY * Shipping Weight into the Expressions Calculated formula bar by:
- Go to the Fields Tab, select sopIndividualPickTicketTemp for Resources, and QTY for Field, then click Add.
- Next click on the * under Operators
- Go to Field Tab, select Item Master for Resource and Item Shipping Weight for Field, then click Add
- Click OK to create the new field.
The field can now be added to the Picking Ticket report. I added it to the Body section of the report, set the Display Type to Data and Format to DLR6_S2 so it would display with normal formatting showing decimals.
This article was written by Shannon Hernandez, Dynamics GP Application Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider serving CA, AZ, UT, CO and surrounding regions.