The Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 release enhances and expands existing functionality, notably in the document attachment feature. What are they? How has it evolved since GP2013? Our new blog takes you through the development of the Document Attach feature and how it has continued to add valuable enhancements in each of the versions.
Visit our sister company, InterDyn BMI’s, website to learn more. Read Document Attach Unplugged.
The capabilities in the Spring ’18 release of Dynamics 365 for Sales, empower your sales team with more intelligence and analytics, deeper integrations with LinkedIn and Office 365, and consistent user experience for web, mobile, and clients using the Unified Interface framework.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights of the release:
- Embedded intelligence lets sellers focus on selling. Embedded intelligence collects, manages, and analyzes the diverse data and communications throughout the sales process, and then automatically suggests relevant actions and captures relevant activities to let salespeople spend more time selling.
- Embedded intelligence features introduced with this release are:
- Relationship assistant, Auto capture, and Email engagement (previously these were part of a group of features named Relationship Insights) provide sales intelligence and are embedded within the Sales app.
- The Sales app is built on the Unified Interface framework for consistent user experience. The Sales app delivers a consistent, uniform, user interface, and follows responsive design principles for optimal viewing on any screen size or device. All core sales entities used in business processes, including products, goals, and sales literature, run on this responsive platform and conform to common data model standards. Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration, and the Gamification solution all run on the Unified Interface framework.
- User interface controls use a Common Controls Framework (CCF) for consistenc Controls follow consistent, familiar patterns on every surface of the application, making it easier for sales users to learn and be productive.
- Enhanced integration with LinkedIn Sales Navigator enables a seamless sales workflow. On forms, LinkedIn Sales Navigator controls provide up-to-date context and insights about companies and LinkedIn members. On dashboards and forms, salespeople see LinkedIn profile pictures for contact records synced with LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- GDPR and accessibility enhancements. Investments address the European privacy law’s requirements, and enhance accessibility for users who need assistive technologies to interact with the application.
- Professional user license for streamlined Sales Force Automation (SFA). With the addition of the Professional user license, along with the Enterprise user license currently in market, you can choose the capabilities that make sense for your specific business requirements.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales insights add-on provides advanced intelligence capabilities to salespeople. The add-on includes Relationship analytics that show relationship and sentiment health. Relationship analytics analyzes the overall health of customer relationships by letting salespeople know how they’re spending their time and who they’re interacting with. Relationship analytics also recommends which customers and opportunities to focus on. Sentiment health analyzes customer interactions and signals to inform salespeople how satisfied their customers are with their relationship.
- Self-serve installation of the Dynamics 365 for Sales insights add-on speeds onboarding. System administrators can quickly get set up with a simplified installation process.
To learn more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 – Document Attach in Summary
Learn all about the Document Attach feature and its importance
In today’s article, we will be looking at the importance of document attachment. Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 promises to enhance user experience and the Document Attach feature does exactly that. It enables users to attach multiple documents to Items, Customers, Vendors, Assets, and Transactions. The user gets easy and instant access to documents like W-9’s, Contracts, Credit Reports, Customer POs, pictures, and more. Now, users do not need to search all over the place for a document, and instead can attach any document or even a link to a OneDrive site or SharePoint.
Let us look at where you click to attach a document:
Here is what an attachment window looks like, allowing you an unlimited number of attachments while also storing date/time/user stamps:
In GP 2018, Document Attach added:
- Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom
- Journal Entry Inquiry
- Transaction Entry Zoom Inquiry
- Employee Inquiry
- I-9 Form (No Corresponding Inquiry)
- Asset General Information
- Asset Inquiry Window
In GP 2018, Notes added to:
- Vendor Inquiry Window
- Customer Inquiry Window
- Project Inquiry Window
- PA Project Inquiry Window
Read our previous blogs on the document attachment feature: Comprehensive Document Attachment, Notes on Inquiry Windows, and Document Attach Security Setup feature. Learn more about our fixed GP upgrade costs by downloading our upgrade price comparison factsheet, click here.
You need a Project Manager for your next ERP project.
ERP implementations disrupt business operations and place huge demands on the time and attention of company leadership, functional area leaders, subject matter experts and the IT staff. The role of a PM is to ease that burden. An experienced PM is worth their weight in platinum.
You may be tempted to PM the project yourself. But ask yourself “Do I really have the time or the right experience?”.
A good PM will manage the following things for you:
- Add Value – An experienced PM will help you identify and avoid the typical bear traps, and other impediments that will inhibit your project’s success. They will help you reduce wastes of time, resources and money.
- Establish Effective and Efficient Project Governance – Project governance refers to those processes that provide project control support for project sponsors, decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Manage Project-related Communications – Communicating the project status helps keep the project team and stakeholders informed.
- Manage the Schedule – Effective PMs aggressively manage the work using detailed project schedules, monitor schedule variances and recommend corrective actions to keep the project on track and on budget.
- Monitor and Manage the Project Team’s Performance – Performance management leverages routine status checks to ensure performance issues are identified and corrected quickly.
- Manage Risks, Issues and Changes to Scope, Timelines and Budgets – The most common reasons projects fail are related to poor management of risks, issues and scope. Good PMs identify, evaluate and communicate risks, issues and the impact of change requests to affected stakeholders. They also coordinate optional solutions to deal with issues as (or before) they appear.
It’s clear that someone needs to ensure the project stays on track. You owe to it to yourself to go with an experienced professional. Contact Tridea today at email@example.com.
Unleashing growth, compliance and productivity
In a life sciences business, there is no lack of data related to product development, clinical trials, production (in-house and contract manufacturing), quality assurance, costing, the supply chain and other areas of the operation. How do you make sense of it without investing in compliance, data processing and analytical technologies?
Moving to the cloud can help you cut costs and achieve compliance, but you run the risk of needlessly limiting the potential cloud benefits you can achieve by focusing on financials alone. We recommend considering all the 4 following aspects of cloud computing in your planning.
Download our guide to learn the 4 reasons why life sciences and the cloud belong together!
At Tridea, we help our life sciences customers digitally transform their businesses and improve the value realization of their business application investments. We mitigate the inherent risks associated with implementing, upgrading and replacing legacy ERP systems. We lead our life science customers with best-practice consulting services we have refined over thousands of engagements. We take care of our customers and aspire to keep them for life.
To learn more about how Tridea can help you get the most out of your Microsoft solution in the cloud, visit our website.