If you haven’t already heard the buzz, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 has been officially released! With over 120 new features, Microsoft has provided numerous enhancements with a strong emphasis on expanding workflow capabilities, as well as technology improvements like Service Based Architecture (SBA). The enhancements included in this release are definitely something worth getting excited about!
Application Enhancements – here are just a few new features that should make life easier:
- New Fixed Assets Status Report showing end of year information per asset included as part of Year End Close process
- Intercompany functionality offers greater visibility from Journal Entry Inquiry screen for both Originating and Destination companies from a single company and Voiding from Originating Company as a single step
- Payment Terms include additional configuration options to calculate due dates based on transaction dates and modify discount dates
- Payables Transaction Entry now includes an Existing Purchase Order Warning
- Adding additional email addresses to historical documents so they can be distributed directly from GP
Workflow Enhancements – To facilitate the migration away from Business Portal, Microsoft GP 2015 includes additional enhancements to Workflow 2.0 which was released with GP 2013 R2 to streamline the approval process and expedite workflows:
- General Ledger Batch Approval
- Payables Batch Approval
- Vendor Approval
- Receivables Batch Approval
SmartList Designer Enhancements – Who doesn’t love SmartLists?!? GP 2015 SmartList features include the ability to create refreshable Excel Reports. SmartLists can be published to an Excel Report Library, so when users open the report in Excel, the data is automatically refreshed and up-to-date!
Management Reporter Enhancements – Still more excitement! The new Management Reporter integration makes reports accessible directly within GP without having to separately launch the Management Reporter application.
System Wide Enhancements – these should definitely put a smile on any system administrator’s face.
- Single Sign-On for GP Web Client via active directory user account to minimize separate logins for separate applications. One Windows login will provide seamless access to various Microsoft cloud-based applications including GP and Office 365.
- Copy Home Page settings from one user to another to minimize time to set up new users based on role security, home page role, content and settings.
- Service Based Architecture to provide enhanced ability to integrate data seamlessly between GP and ISV products.
Mobile Accessibility – Business Analyzer R7 was recently released as a “companion” to GP to provide business intelligence to non-GP users via tablet using Windows, iOS, and Android products. This application allows users on-the-go to access KPIs, as well as reports and charts in a dashboard format. Life just got easier!
If you’d like to learn more about the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 release, please contact Tridea Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was written by Jennifer Cook, Dynamics GP Application Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider serving CA, AZ, UT, CO and surrounding regions.