Considering moving your Dynamics GP or Dynamics AX application to the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform but wondering if your data will be safe and meet your industry’s compliance requirements?
A great source of information on these topics is available at the Microsoft Azure Trust Center website (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/trust-center/). This site is loaded with material on all aspects of security and privacy with regards to using the Azure Cloud product offering. The website is broken into five major sections:
- Azure’s embedded security and privacy model: It all starts here. Building security into the product from the start as opposed to a bolt-on after the fact. Learn about Microsoft’s Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), Operational Security Assurance (OSA) process, and Privacy by Design in this section of the site.
- Security: Keeping your data safe: Security is not just simply encryption. It is also about processes and procedures such as threat management, mitigation, and penetration testing. What value is encrypted data if you can’t access it? Read about Microsoft’s approach in this section.
- Privacy: Own and control your data: Microsoft vigorously defends your right to privacy protection demonstrated by their recent win of a major case in the United States Court of Appeals. The ruling prevented the U.S. government from requiring Microsoft to give them access to emails held in a foreign country. Read about Microsoft’s approach and over 20 years of commitment to privacy in this comprehensive section on the subject.
- Transparency: Know how your data is stored, accessed and secured: Critics say that CLOUD stands for Cannot Locate Our Users Data. Microsoft has done their homework with this platform and is ready to earn your trust in this regard. This section of the site describes Microsoft’s policies and procedures with regards to where your data is stored and how it is secured. Are you a Canadian company that requires all data to be stored within the country? Learn how to specify that your data remain in the new Toronto or Québec City data center.
- Compliance: Conforming to global standards: It is one thing for Microsoft to assert your data is safe and secure but your motto should always be “trust but verify”. This section of the site details the international and industry standards met by Azure and the third-party audits required to verify those standards. It has a very easy navigation tool to enable you to focus on compliance that is relevant to your industry. In the Healthcare industry? Select Healthcare in the drop down box and learn how Azure can meet HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
Still have questions or concerns about leveraging Azure for your Dynamics GP or AX environment? Consultants with Tridea’s Cloud Business Services practice are available to help you find the right solution to meet your needs.