The process to transfer a quote to an order in Microsoft Dynamics GP is as simple as selecting Actions > Transfer, and then selecting the option to either transfer the quote to an order or an invoice. When transferring a quote, the new order or invoice will remain in the same batch ID.
However, a unique batch ID for orders and/or invoices can be established by following the steps below:
- Go to Sales Transaction Entry (Sales > Transactions > Sales Transaction Entry).
- Select a quote.
- Click on the blue arrow next to the document number.
- Under Transfer to Order next to Batch ID, click the lookup icon and select the batch ID to be used for the for the sales order.
- Under Transfer to Fulfillment Order\Invoice next to Batch ID, click the lookup icon and select the batch ID to be used for the sales invoice.
- Note: If a new Batch ID needs to be created, click on either of the Batch ID blue hyperlinks, enter the information for the Batch ID, and save.
- Once you have selected your Batch ID(s) for the orders and/or invoices press OK.
Once this setup is complete, the newly created sales orders or invoices will be in the Batch ID assigned.
This article was written by Teresa Cortez, Dynamics GP Application Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider.