Well, it’s that time of the year again.
1096 Modification requests should start any day from our clients. The IRS has decided to change their 1096 form adding requirements. The most common request from our clients is adding the Contact Name and E-mail Address to the 1096 form.
Contact name is relatively easy. If you’re already in the Print 1099 screen just click on the Address ID you have selected for the 1099.
- This will open the Company Address Setup screen.
- Scroll down to the Contact line and input the appropriate Name or Title in the available space.
Now that you are in the Company Address Setup screen scan to the right of the Address ID and you will see a small globe. This represents internet information.
- Click on the globe
- The internet information setup screen will appear.
- The select information for: should default in as Company.
- Confirm the Address ID you want to modify.
- In the E-mail Address information area, select To: and input the e-mail address you want to assign.
- This will trigger Exchange to try and Validate the email address, just click Cancel
- Save the changes
You are now done with the Setup Changes. Test print your 1096 Form, your Contact name and E-mail address will print on the appropriate line.
This article was written by Dean Anderson, Senior Dynamics GP Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider.