You’ve probably heard the announcements and discussions about Microsoft Dynamics 365. But what is Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the next generation of intelligent business applications in the cloud. Microsoft 365 unifies CRM and ERP capabilities by delivering new purpose-built applications to help manage specific business functions, including Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Operations, Marketing, Project Service Automation and Financials. Designed to be personalized, enable greater productivity, deliver deeper insights and adapt to business needs, Dynamics 365 applications help businesses accelerate digital transformation to meet the changing needs of customers and capture the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
Dynamics 365 is available in two editions:
Dynamics 365 Business Edition
- Optimized for 10-250 Employees
- It will contain Project Madeira (called “Financials”) and in the future a Sales and Marketing application as well
- It is cloud only
- 300 seat Maximum
Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition
- Optimized for 250+ Employees
- It includes the Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics AX (called “Operations”)
- 20 user Minimum
In addition to Dynamics 365 business applications both the Business and Enterprise Editions offer the following:
- You have Power BI and Cortana Intelligence which are natively embedded to help companies achieve their business goals with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps. Azure IoT brings device data to enable preemptive action to business functions like field service.
- There is deep integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 which brings together the two worlds of business process and personal productivity for empowered employees and a much more productive experience.
- Business applications will be able to adapt and innovate in real-time with a common data model and extensible business application platform. Dynamics 365 apps will:
- Use a common data model, shared with Office 365, to simplify data management and integration across apps and business processes.
- Offer tech savvy business customers/analysts, aka “citizen developers,” (using Power Apps) and professional developers (using Azure platforms services) a consistent business platform they can use to compose new apps and easily extend and modify existing ones.
- And it will come with connectors that let you integrate with applications and services from Microsoft and our partners – including custom API’s and on premise systems.
- Microsoft AppSource – Microsoft’s new destination for business users to easily find and evaluate line of business SaaS apps, add-ins and content packs from Microsoft and our partners, including those built on top of Dynamics 365, Office 365, Cortana Intelligence and the Azure platform.
Dynamics 365 will be available for purchase starting November 1, 2016. To learn more about Dynamics 365 visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/dynamics-365
This article was written by Sandra Knight, Senior Sales Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider