This post will help you view Dynamics AX name change history. Business partners (vendors & customers) occasionally change names which can generate questions internally on how to handle, either changing the name in the existing vendor and maintain history, or create a new vendor with the new account and start fresh. If you choose the former option you might be concerned about losing history with the vendor’s prior name. You should note that Dynamics AX does have the ability to see the history of business partner names changes.
You can inquire on the history by:
- Navigating to the master file, either Customer or Vendor
- Accounts payable/Common/Vendors/All vendors
- Accounts receivable/Common/Customers/All customers
- Select and open a particular business partner record. Note, it is not necessary to “Edit” the record.
- In the form, right click on the name field and choose “History”.
The screen that opens provides a name history for the record in addition to providing the name of the user who made the change and the date of the change.
This post was written by Matthew Caffrey, AX Application Consultant at Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider.