The process to transfer a quote to an order in Microsoft Dynamics GP is as simple as selecting Actions > Transfer, and then selecting the option to either transfer the quote to an order or an invoice. When transferring a quote, the new order or invoice will remain in the same batch ID.
However, a unique batch ID for orders and/or invoices can be established by following the steps below:
- Go to Sales Transaction Entry (Sales > Transactions > Sales Transaction Entry).
- Select a quote.
- Click on the blue arrow next to the document number.
- Under Transfer to Order next to Batch ID, click the lookup icon and select the batch ID to be used for the for the sales order.
- Under Transfer to Fulfillment Order\Invoice next to Batch ID, click the lookup icon and select the batch ID to be used for the sales invoice.
- Note: If a new Batch ID needs to be created, click on either of the Batch ID blue hyperlinks, enter the information for the Batch ID, and save.
- Once you have selected your Batch ID(s) for the orders and/or invoices press OK.
Once this setup is complete, the newly created sales orders or invoices will be in the Batch ID assigned.
This article was written by Teresa Cortez, Dynamics GP Application Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider.
We have seen a tremendous change in the Dynamics GP hosting environment since the maturation of Microsoft Azure and other cloud technologies. It wasn’t long ago (2 years at the most), that Microsoft Dynamics VARs (Value Added Resellers), like Tridea Partners, had to rely on dedicated Dynamics hosting providers to provide its clients with a remotely, hosted solution to run their Dynamics GP ERP system. These hosting providers then would need to look to a partner data center company that had made the investment in their own internet bandwidth, hardware, backup services, monitoring tools and data center, to support them. These data centers required a large, stable investment to do it right, and they added another layer to the support of the end Dynamics GP customer.
The hosting options have changed now with the mature Microsoft Azure platform allowing VARs like us to provide our own hosting of Dynamics GP and other applications. While it does require a unique skillset that not all VARs have like infrastructure and networking resources, it certainly can eliminate much of the “middlemen” and “headaches” that are associated with having 3 parties supporting the infrastructure for Dynamics GP. The Azure platform also allows for other services like recovery services or test environments that can be added to your environment within hours, not days or weeks. With these test environments, there is flexibility to turn them on/off instantly reducing the costs of your hosted platforms.
In addition to the growth of the Microsoft Azure environment, Microsoft Dynamics has also evolved their pricing options to allow VARs to provide the Dynamics GP software through a rental or subscription model, lower the cost of entry. The traditional Microsoft platform software (Office, Windows, SQL Server, etc) can also be renting, reducing a large amount of capital investment. A company can now choose to pay for the hosting services (and related hardware environment) and licensing on a month to month basis, rather than investing it all upfront.
There are still certain environments and scenarios where a dedicated hosting provider makes sense as our team at Tridea Partners still utilizes these Dynamics hosting companies under certain circumstances. However, there is now questions that Microsoft Azure has opened the door to a new, cost effective and efficient environment for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
This article was written by Andy Collins, Partners at Tridea Partners, a Gold Certified Microsoft Dynamics Partner.
TRIDEA PARTNERS would like to invite you to attend this informative webinar!
Event Details: Tuesday July 26, 2016 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM (PST)
Presenters: Kaydee Baker & Shannon Hernandez – Tridea Partners
Join Tridea as we host this overview webinar on the Dynamics GP 2016 release!
- Import/Export Smartlist Designer Reports
- Export Numbers to Excel (formatted as numbers)
- Create Smartlist from Favorite using Smartlist Designer
- Budget Exception Report (duplicate/missing accounts)
- Analytical Accounting User Access Settings
- Payables Management: Use CC as payment type in Payables Check Run
- Auto-deposit Cash Receipt batch to a single Deposit
- Edit Attachments and select to send via email
- Combine General Ledger Inquiry (Current and Historical)
- Sales All-in-One View
- Inventory All-in-One View
- Purchasing All-in-One View (GP2015 R2)
- Historical Received/Not Invoiced Report (GP2015 R2)
- User Access Settings
- Transaction Lists (GP2015 R2)
- Project Accounting Requisition Entry
Register now !
1. Sign in to Microsoft Online Services at https://portal.office.com/
2. Click Admin in the top right corner of the screen.
3. On the Left hand Pane go to Billing and click Subscriptions
4. Select the Subscription for which you wish to add Tridea Partners as your Partner of Record, in this example Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Trial, each subscription has a separate Partner of Record.
5. Once you have selected your Subscription click on More Actions and click Edit Partner of Record.
6. Enter the Partner ID for Tridea Partners, (which is: 724952) in the field, click Check ID button. “Partner found: Tridea Partners” should then be displayed in green below the Microsoft Partner ID field.
7. Then click Submit
8. You should now see Tridea Partners listed under partner information on the right.
9. Tridea Partners is now designated as the Partner of Record for your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization.
To name Tridea Partners as your POR for another subscription, such as Office 365, please repeat steps 4 through 7.
Alternatively, if you are already logged into your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization, you can get to the Office 365 Admin center to designate us as your Partner of Record.
To do this go to Microsoft Dynamics CRM > SETTINGS > Administration > Subscription Management.
And go through steps 4 to 7 to designate us as your Partner of Record.
Contact Tridea Partners for more information.
Enjoy your Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 Feature of the Day!
Budget Import Exception Report
Feature of the Day Program
In addition to educating everyone on new features, the Feature of the Day is also meant to evangelize the tremendous features and functionality available in the Microsoft Dynamics GP product.