The Complete Business Intelligence Suite for Dynamics
Wed, October 28, 2015 10:00AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Do you struggle with creating Dynamics GP or Dynamics AX reports easily?
- Would you like your Reporting solution to be both Excel and web-based?
- Are there more data sources you would like to report on that seem out of reach? (payroll, legacy systems etc.)
- Is your budgeting process time-consuming and reliant on static spreadsheets?
- And would you like to streamline your budgeting process?
If you answered YES to any/all of the questions above, join us for our October webinar for a demonstration on improving your Reporting and Budgeting with BI360. Learn how you can help your organization make informed decisions and simplify your Business Intelligence needs with BI360.
Presenter: Alex Geller, Solver, Inc.
Webinar Date & Time:
Wed, Oct 28, 2015
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
Please register for this event by October 26th
Infrastructure as a Service
Imagine owning a luxury car with free maintenance and low monthly payments. That’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) in a nutshell when it comes to Enterprise computing. Organization can now enjoy the benefits of utilizing state of the art computing resource in a virtual environment.
The cost savings Organizations benefit from include power, cooling and maintenance in addition to other tangible savings. Small and medium size businesses can scale their infrastructure in accordance with their growth and business needs with cloud IaaS.
Business and consumer are relieved from the physical infrastructure responsibilities that are associated with owning and maintaining computing hardware.
With IaaS you rent cloud infrastructure- servers, storage and networking based on your needs and a variety of different payment options are available.
Imagine moving or relocating offices without system downtime, which can cost a business thousands of dollars in potential business and revenue.
Hosted Microsoft Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP and Dynamics CRM are great candidates for IaaS.
Manage your accounting, finance and operations with Microsoft Dynamics combined with a hosted IaaS platform can transform your business to achieve measurable results.
A recent survey of small and midsize businesses found that companies are looking to technology to provide and seek a competitive advantage. More than half of the companies admitted that technology is critical to their company’s future.
Create a competitive edge with IaaS and Microsoft Dynamics …. Do more, grow faster.
This article was written by Osei Owusu, Technical Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider. www.trideapartners.com
Pharmaceutical manufacturers that are looking to implement a new ERP system will invariably ask about options for meeting requirements of the Sunshine Act, which was enacted to protect consumers by ensuring transparency in the reporting of financial relationships between pharmaceutical companies and health care providers (HCPs). While pharmaceutical companies generally purchase a software system specifically designed to track their aggregate spending to HCPs, the ERP system generates much of the information that is fed into the aggregate spend system.
Typically, money flows from pharmaceutical manufacturers to health care providers in 3 forms, that are generally handled in 3 very distinct manners:
- AP invoices directly to HCPs: Vendors that are HCPs are defined as such in the ERP system. Any expenses that are booked in the ERP system directly to HCP vendors are pushed to the aggregate spend system via an integration. Typically, a relatively small number of HCPs become direct vendors in the ERP system. The process of setting up new vendors is generally a highly controlled process that lends itself to accurately defining and identifying an HCP
- Employee expense reimbursement: Employees of the pharmaceutical company meet with HCPs and incur expenses that need to be reimbursed to them by the company. Assuming the company has an expense reimbursement system (such as Concur, for example), the expense reimbursement software generally just feeds the core accounting (general ledger) data to the ERP system, and sends the HCP spend information directly to the aggregate spend software. It is therefore necessary to have the HCPs defined in the expense reimbursement system, but the ERP system is not involved in this process.
- AP invoices to 3rd party vendors that benefit HCPs: While it is possible to capture this data in the ERP system (on a custom field linked to the PO or invoice) and push it to the aggregate spend system, there are some complicating factors that lead many companies to opt to manually enter these transactions into the aggregate spend software or else upload vendor documents directly to the aggregate spend software in addition to recording the invoices in ERP:
- Timing: At the time that a PO or invoice is entered, do we necessarily know which HCPs will benefit from the spend? For example, speaker bureau invoices often arrive in advance of the list of attendees (HCPs)
- Accuracy: HCPs that benefit from expenses incurred with 3rd parties are can be very large in quantity. Ensuring that the correct HCP is selected and linked to an expense can be difficult, especially when many health care providers may have similar names (or even the same names). In such cases, AP clerks that have no direct knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the expense could have a difficult time selecting the correct HCP. Aggregate spend software systems typically have matching algorithms to accurately identify HCPs.
This article was written by Matthew Boese, Partner at Tridea Partners, a Gold Certified Microsoft Dynamics Partner.
Combine General Ledger Inquiry
In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 in General Ledger, the inquiry windows have been consolidated. Now, you can view open and historical information in the same window for Summary Inquiry, Detail Inquiry and for Account Summary. Any GoTos or drill backs will now go to the single window instead of the user picking open or history.
Contact Tridea Partners if you are looking to find out more information on GP2015 R2!
Tridea Partners is excited to announce our expansion into the Northeast! To better service our customers on the east coast, we have opened an office in Portsmouth, NH. Tridea supports over 300 clients throughout the United States with a strong base of companies in the Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Distribution, Alternative Energy, High-Tech and Services Industries. The office is equipped to provide Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP and Dynamics CRM consulting services to help our clients maximize their growth through streamlining business processes.
Portsmouth, NH is a beautiful seacoast town settled in 1623 and is conveniently located only an hour from Boston, MA, Manchester, NH and Portland, ME. The Portsmouth team possesses a depth of knowledge in ERP & CRM Integrations, Customizations, Custom Reporting, Business Intelligence, E-Commerce, Legacy Data Migrations, Material Planning, Manufacturing, Inventory Control and Financial Management.
Since 2004, Tridea Partners has completed over 300 process improvement and business application projects in the US, and provides a complete team of functional and technical consultants who are available to meet in person to discuss your important business challenges.
Contact our New England Microsoft Dynamics Team:
Tridea Partners – New England
1 Middle Street, Suite 204
Portsmouth, NH 03801