While attempting to modify Microsoft Word Templates I found that generic Microsoft Dynamics GP doesn’t always install all available Additional Products. I guess that’s why they call them ADD-Ins.
To modify the new WORD Templates, you have to manipulate the Word setup and add addition document Options. Setting Word up to include the Developer tab was pretty easy. However I found getting the Field List to display, which is critical to the modify process, a challenge.
After doing some research, none of which addressed my issue, I finally found a WORD installation guide that eluded to installing Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word. It turns out that the only way to get the Field List to display in the Word Developer tab is to install this additional product, Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word.
The Setup.exe is on the Microsoft Dynamics GP install DVD. The first step is to find the source file path and run through the installation steps. If you have the correct permissions this process lets the Fields List appear under the Word Developer tab.
To help others I have detailed the steps below to complete the Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word installation.
- Find the MDGP2013R2_DVD_ENUS source Setup.exe to install the Word Add-In. Each installation downloads the Dynamic GP media is a safe location, so look for a source folder.
- Launch the setup then scroll down to find the Additional Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word
- Hover over the label and it will turn Blue, then left click and select Install
- Click on the radial next to I Accept the terms, then click Next
- Accept the default Install Location
- Click Install
- The install should run, click Finish to close
- This will install the Developer Tab to show the Field List.
This article was written by Dean Anderson, Senior Dynamics GP Consultant for Tridea Partners. Tridea is a leading Microsoft Dynamics provider.